Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcoming a new year and a new decade

A new year and a new decade are here. On New Year's Eve I was sponsoring our church's youth groups New Years Eve lock-in and it was only then that I realized a new decade was upon us. I remember where I was when we ushered in 2000 (and all the fear that the power would be out for weeks, lol). Ten years is indeed a long period, and God has done so much in my life during that time. I have seen 3 of my 4 grandparents go to be with Jesus, I graduated from high school, met the man I would marry, got married to that wonderful man, broke my first bone (ring finger, thanks to flag football), moved 5 times, bought a house, got my first "big kid" job and many other things. I look forward to seeing what God will do in the next year and the next decade.

God has blessed me so much in the past, and although this time of year makes us look forward, it also condones us to look backwards to see the mistakes that were made, to learn to grow and to seek even more fiercely after my God.

On a lighter note we enjoyed getting to spend Christmas with both my mom's family and Mike's family (Christmas is so crazy now that I'm married and have to share, lol). Although Christmas is not about the presents I will highlight two that I got that were definitely the best of Christmas time (sorry if you're reading and your's didn't make the list). My nanny gave me, along with my cousins and all of her daughters, teddy bears made out of my PaPa's clothes, the bear itself is made out of one of his plaid shirts and he has a vest made out of my Papa's jeans. Hands down, the best gift I have received all year. My sweet husband decided after much prodding from me to get me an Ipod (although he had convinced me that he had not gotten me one). So I am now enjoying my new Nano as type this new blog.

I hope all of you and yours had a safe and happy holiday. God bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment